The Rhododendron Remedy
Rhododendron trees grow wild in the Himalayan forests and the hillsides are spotted with their bright red flowers in March and April. Locals call it buransh and the flowers are used to make a healthy – although typically oversweetened – juice concentrate.
How we make our Rhododendron/Buransh Cooler
- At Himalayan Haat, we use an age-old mountain recipe to make a limited-edition Spiced Rhododendron Cooler.
- The entire process – from collecting flowers, carefully picking out the petals, extracting the juice and making the concentrate is all done by hand by local pahadi village women.
- Our buransh cooler has a high concentration of rhododendron extract and made in small batches. We preserve the juice with a small amount of organic sugar and lemon juice.It has no added colour, flavour or preservatives.
7 Incredible Health Benefits of Rhododendron Flower Juice
Check out these benefits of rhododendron flower juice to know why you should be ordering our cooler right away:
- Reduce inflammation
Rhododendron flowers contain flavonoids that help in relieving inflammation – especially in the prostate, kidney and urinary bladder – and treating mouth and stomach ulcers.
- Curb allergies
Rhododendron juice helps keep allergies at bay. It can protect you and your little ones from asthma, hives, hayfever and other common illnesses that come with the onset of weather change.
- Fight pain
Rhododendron leaves were traditionally used to treat headaches. Juice extracted from buransh flowers is used locally as an effective remedy for stomach ache.
- Treat diabetes
Locals have been using rhododendron flower juice as a remedy for Type I and Type II diabetes. In fact, medicines for diabetes patients are being developed from rhodo extracts due to their in-vitro anti-diabetic activity.
- Prevent cancer
Studies have shown that rhododendron flower extracts have flavonoids, namely Quercentin and Rutin, that prevent the growth of cancer cells. Click here to read more about the anti-cancer properties of Rhododendron.
- Keep your heart healthy
Rhodo juice is great for heart health and the circulatory system and helps prevent heart attacks. The specific flavonoids in rhododendron flowers treat hypertension and prevent blood clots. Rhododendron flower extracts are also beneficial in lowering bad cholesterol and blood pressure.
- Nourish your skin
Another fantastic benefit of buransh extract is that it prevents ageing and restores skin glow. It is a strong antioxidant and protects the skin from the harmful effects of sunlight and pollution. It has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties that treat acne, eczema, rashes and other skin inflammations
Himalayan Haat’s Spiced Buransh Cooler is loaded with all these wonderful benefits. Drink one glass each day to keep illnesses at bay.
- If you are on heart or sugar medication, do check with your doctor to make sure that Buransh/Rhodo juice doesn’t interfere with your meds.
- Pregnant women should best avoid as there is not enough research to indicate whether it is safe or not.
- Remember to drink in moderation – a glass a day will suffice.
How to Use and Store Himalayan Haat’s Spiced Buransh Cooler
Usage: mix 1 part of Himalayan Haat’s Buransh cooler with 3 parts water or to taste. Expect a mild, slightly tangy flavour with a hint of cloves and cinnamon.
Storage: the cooler stays unopened in a cool, dry place for up to 12 months, once opened, please refrigerate and consume within 5-6 weeks.
Here’s where you can get your hands on a bottle today.
Get a bottle of Rhododendron Cooler.