Sweet Chilli Lime Rice
This Sweet Chilli Lime Fried Rice is the ideal midweek meal. It’s versatile, quick and a great way to use up leftover rice! But most of all, this is a delicious dish. This sweet chilli lime rice has the perfect balance of sweet, spicy and tangy flavours.
- 3 cups rice, cooked
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup capsicum, diced,
- 1 cup broccoli, diced
- 1 tbsp ginger & garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp oil
For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp Fiery Sweet Chilli Sauce from Himalayan Haat
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce, Sweet Chilli Sauce, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- In a large pan or wok, heat oil. Add ginger & garlic, onions and the veggies. Sauté until soft.
- Add 2 tbsp of the prepared sauce and stir.
- Make a well in the centre of the wok or pan and add the cold rice, along with 2 tbsp of the remaining sauce.
- Stir together until all the liquid is absorbed and rice is fluffy and hot. Taste and adjust with salt and pepper or soy sauce if necessary.
- Add lemon juice if you’d like, and serve hot. Enjoy!