Delicious Plum Chilli Chicken
Because plum and chicken are so delicious together! Here’s an easy, fuss-free Plum Chilli Chicken Bake that will do well on any weeknight.
- 8 chicken pieces
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1.5 tsp Fiery Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1-inch fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 240gm or 1 cup Tangy Plum Preserve
- Honey, optional
- Preheat your oven to 190°C and line a baking tray with foil. Arrange the chicken pieces in the tray.
- In a pan, combine soy sauce, chilli sauce, ginger and garlic. Brush chicken with 1/4 cup of the mixture. Bake for 40 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking, add the Tangy Plum Preserve to the mixture in the saucepan and whisk to combine over low heat, until thoroughly combined and slightly thickened. Taste and add a tsp or so of honey if added sweetness is desired.
- Remove chicken from oven and baste with half of the plum mixture. Return to oven and bake for another 15-20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Put the remaining plum sauce back on the stove. Heat over medium-low flame until it just begins to boil. Spoon it over the chicken before serving.
Enjoy your delicious plum chilli chicken with brown rice and stir-fried veggies on the side!