Are you a chamomile tea lover? If yes – welcome to the club! If not, we hope that the amazing benefits of this relaxing and fragrant herbal tea will change your mind.
Before we dive into all the beauty and medicinal benefits of chamomile, here are a few interesting facts about this herb:
- Chamomile tea is made from the daisy-like flower heads of the chamomile plant. These flowers are incredibly fragrant and their aroma and flavour intensify when they are dried.
- Ancient Egyptians used chamomile as early as 1550 BC to treat fevers, embalm the dead and for cosmetic purposes. The Romans used these flowers to treat headaches, flavour their drinks and for incense.
- In medieval times, chamomile was known as the “plant’s physician” because of its super healing properties.
- It takes a person a whole day to collect approx. 2kgs of fresh chamomile flowers. When dried fully, these would weigh just over 400gms.
Here are 12 reasons why you should drink chamomile tea:
- Get a good night’s sleep: Struggle to sleep? End your day with a cup of chamomile tea. Chamomile contains a chemical called Apigenin that calms down the central nervous system and can help you get a peaceful sleep.
- Boost your immunity: Chamomile is loaded with antibacterial properties that help prevent and treat colds, coughs and other bacteria-related infections and illnesses.
- Keep your sugar in check: Chamomile tea helps in maintaining blood glucose levels and can keep diabetes at bay.
- Fight that headache: Got a splitting migraine? Kick it with a cup of chamomile tea.
- Get rid of that gas: Chamomile tea reduces bowel issues, promotes a healthy digestion and provides relief from gas and bloating.
- Reduce the anxiety: Stress getting you down? A hot cup of chamomile tea will help you ease down and relax.
- Start glowing: The rich healing, antioxidant, cleansing and moisturising properties of chamomile make it an effective remedy for acne, dry skin, premature ageing, skin allergies, eczema and more.
- Get a natural hair spa: Say goodbye to an itchy, flaky scalp with a chamomile tea hair rinse. To moisturise your hair, you can brew some tea, add it to yoghurt and apply it before washing.
- Relieve achy muscles: Chamomile has strong antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties, which are effective in treating muscle pains and spasms.
- Banish those dark circles: Chamomile teabags can be used as a compress to relieve tired, puffy eyes and to lighten dark circles.
- Fight menstrual cramps: Don’t let the monthly misery get you down and out. Chamomile tea is said to provide much relief from menstrual cramps.
- Heal cuts and wounds: When applied topically, chamomile tea can help minor wounds and cuts heal faster.
These benefits say it all – chamomile tea is nature’s gift to us! So, don’t wait. Click the button below to get 100% pure organic chamomile teabags.Try organic chamomile tea now.
Why buy Himalayan Haat’s Pure Organic Chamomile teabags
We cultivate chamomile on a small scale in our organic farm in Pauri Garhwal. The flowers are carefully picked and dried during a short-lived season of 2 months. It takes a single person a whole day to collect around 2kgs of flowers; these would end up weighing just over 400gms when fully dried! The drying process requires carefully monitored airing and shade drying for a few days.
Then comes the super busy stage two: the filling, sealing and packaging of each teabag. Did we mention that the Himalayan Haat ladies do all of this by hand? Yes, that’s right – no automated filling, sealing or tagging machines! The teabags are carefully and painstakingly prepared individually.
And that’s one more reason for you to buy our teabags – they’re a real labour of love!
How to use Himalayan Haat’s Pure Organic Chamomile teabags
Place a teabag in a cup and pour boiling water over it. Allow it to steep for 4 to 5 minutes. For best results, cover the cup with a lid while steeping to retain the essential oils and aroma of the herbs.
For a stronger brew, we suggest you gently squeeze the teabag to release the well-steeped flavours into the cup and remove. You can add a dash of honey to sweeten. Lastly, take a whiff, kick off those shoes and enjoy your herbal tea!
So, why wait! Click the button below to check out all our products and to get your chamomile tea.Get my mountain goodies.