15 Fun Recipes With Chia Seeds
In our last blog post, we wrote about the many health benefits of chia that make it a popular superfood. Chia seeds are a rich source of plant-based omega-3 fatty acids, dietary fibre, essential minerals and protein. Chia reduces the risk of heart disease, bad cholesterol and sugar levels, and improves brain health.
We love using our farm-grown chemical-free chia in desserts, cereal, salads and snacks. We have now compiled a list of 15 easy recipes using chia seeds. The best part about these recipes is that they can be made with common kitchen supplies and are loaded with nutrition.
So here we go!
Pudding is a delicious way to use chia seeds and your kids will love it, too. Soaking chia seeds makes them swell and gives them a chewy texture. The best thing about these puddings is that they are as simple as throwing some ingredients together and putting it in the fridge – no cooking needed! These recipes are also versatile and you can substitute the ingredients according to what you have available.
1. Overnight Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding: This is a simple 6-ingredient pudding. You can also use honey instead of maple syrup.
2. Vanilla-Orange Chia Pudding: Top up this with fresh fruit, nuts and seeds for a real creamy treat!
3. Strawberry Chia Pudding: You can also use our natural home-made strawberry cooler as a substitute for fresh strawberries.
Salads are an easy and quick way to incorporate healthy food in your diet. Including chia in your salad can really enhance its healthy quotient. You can simply sprinkle chia seeds on your salads or use them to whip up a salad dressing.
4. Spinach Salad With Creamy Chia Vinaigrette: Soak chia seeds overnight to make your salad dressing creamier.
5. Lemon Garlic Chia Vinaigrette: This is a quick zesty salad dressing that will also work well as a marinade.
6. Chia Chicken Salad: If you don’t have all the berries from the ingredients, use any available berries or skip them altogether.
7. Chia Quinoa Avocado Salad: A super salad that’s ready in just 30 mins, this protein-rich mix of quinoa, feta, sunflower and chia seeds is all dressed up with lime and chillies and comes topped with chunks of avocado.
Who doesn’t like a good smoothie? Smoothies are both versatile and delicious and you can upgrade them easily by adding chia seeds.
8. Strawberry Oatmeal Chia Smoothie: Packed with ground oats, frozen strawberries and chia seeds, this is a delicious, easy breakfast. Use our home-made strawberry cooler made with 100% natural strawberries if you don’t have frozen strawberries.
9. Apple Banana Chia Seed Smoothie: This creamy, refreshing smoothie is easy to make and is perfect for a healthy breakfast or satisfying snack.
10. Strawberry Chia Watermelon Smoothie: Is it simple? Oh yes! Just 6 ingredients, 10 minutes, and 1 blender.
11. Detox Green Smoothie With Chia Seeds: This smoothie is just a little healthier, with lower carbs and a whole lotta protein from the chia seeds.
Healthy Sweet Treats
With chia seeds, you can enjoy some guilt-free treats and satisfy your kids’ sweet cravings.
12. Dark Chocolate Almond Chia Muffin: Studded with dark chocolate chips and chopped almonds, and finished with a sprinkling of sea salt, these muffins can easily do double duty as breakfast or dessert.
13. Whole Wheat Chia Seed Waffles: If you can’t find whole wheat pastry flour, try substituting 1 cup of all-purpose flour and ½ cup of whole wheat flour.
14. Peanut Butter Chia Granola Bar: This granola bar recipe is ultra-versatile. The base is peanut butter, oatmeal, and honey, and from there you can customize these no-bake bars as per your preferences.
15. Whole Wheat Lemon Chia Seed Cake: No sweet treat is complete without some delicious cake. Whole wheat and chia! Could this get any healthier?
Which of these awesome recipes will you try first? If you’re looking for #chemicalfree chia seeds, grab a set of our farm-fresh chia seeds here: