Why Our Strawberry Preserve Should Be On Your Table
Not many jam-eaters would disagree that strawberry jam is one of the best-loved numbers out there. After all, there’s just something about the way strawberries look and taste that makes our hearts happy. I mean, just look at them:
Well, let’s tell you a little about our strawberries. We have a strawberry plantation on our farm in Pauri Garhwal, Uttarakhand. And boy, do we love our strawberry season! It is super short-lived (about 4 weeks in April-May) and super intense (we harvest about 50 to 80 kgs a day)!
We follow the old-fashioned “jungle farming” philosophy on the farm. This means that we farm using ZERO chemicals or artificial fertilisers, and our fields and fruit trees are planted in between wild trees. That’s exactly why we don’t mind sharing our strawberries with wild birds and animals, who seem to love them as much as we do.I want this awesome strawberry preserve!
Our Chunky Strawberry and Strawberry Mint and Pepper Preserves are among the best-loved products we make with our organically grown, seasonal strawberries. If you haven’t got hold of a jar yet, these 5 reasons might just send you racing to order a few jars of our strawberry preserves:
- Made with 100% chemical-free, freshly picked and naturally grown strawberries: Did you know that strawberries are listed among the top 12 pesticide-laden fruits and vegetables? That’s exactly why it’s super important to know where your food comes from.
- Have as little sugar as possible: Most jams and preserves in the market loaded with sugar. In fact, traditional jam recipes usually call for a 1:1 ratio of sugar to fruit. Well, not at Himalayan Haat! All our preserves are low on sugar (no more than 20-25%) and high on fruit (75-80%).
- Without any artificial preservatives, thickeners or stabilisers: We’re often asked how we make our preserves without any preservatives. Lemon juice serves as a natural preservative which creates an acidic environment and keeps bacteria at bay. Moreover, each bottle is sealed using the good old-fashioned home-canning method. Once opened, though, the bottles need to be popped into the fridge.
- Made in small batches with hand-cut fruit: All our preserves are made in carefully prepared small batches of 10 to 15 bottles. Everything – right from the chopping and cooking to the filling and packaging – is done by hand.
- Made by pahadi village women from Uttarakhand: Last but definitely not least is the fact that the local village ladies of Pauri Garhwal are key contributors to our jam-making process. Himalayan Haat employees ladies from the neighbouring villages who cut, chop, cook, sterilise, seal and package all our products. This means that each Himalayan Haat product that you buy helps these ladies keep their kitchen fires going, send their kids to school and more.
So, don’t wait! Choose from the classic Chunky Strawberry Preserve or the more exotic Strawberry Mint and Pepper Preserve. Click the button to get your strawberry goodies today.I want this awesome strawberry preserve!
2 thoughts on “Why Our Strawberry Preserve Should Be On Your Table”
Pl advise if available in Dehradoon town
Hi Shipla, yes hopefully starting in the new year.